Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What types of shoes do Parisians wear?

Before coming to Paris, I had no idea what type of shoe to bring because I had heard that Parisians don't wear flipflops, and that is what I usually wear.  When I got there, I found that Parisians wore sandals but they always had some kind of unique design to them.  I also heard that gym shoes were a no-no.  But I did spot some Parisians wearing running shoes!

 Some shoes on the subway- on the far left is a pair of sandals with a band around the foot and then there is only a band around the toe in addition to that.  Rarely see these types of shoes in America!  On the right side a woman is wearing a nice pair of flats.
 Far left is a man wearing tennis shoes (ADIDAS), woman in the middle is wearing a nice pair of flats, and woman on the far right is wearing a strappy sandal
Some colorful sandals

Overall, I found that most women wore either some sort of ballet flat or some strappy sandals, but no flipflops!

No comments:

Post a Comment